bah.
I'm fucking bored. Extremely bored. But it's weird, I bored out of my skull and have nothing to do or can't think of anything yet I don't want to do anything.
If that makes any sense?
I don't wanna be bored yet I don't wanna do anything otherwise?
I'm one big contradiction!
Work rang earlier and seeings as it is half term next week they thought they'd try and make me do more shifts. I find it hard to say no so I am working all day Thursday which means that I can't go to t'cinema with Scott and the two girls I was going to meet. ARGH! Cunt. I did however refuse to work Friday and Saturday night which they seem intent on lumping me with.
I'm going to do a Frederique inspired ' set-iPod-to-shuffle-and-write-about-songs-due-to-severe-boredom ' post ;P
Here goes...
The Coral - Dreaming Of You
Whoa, I haven't listened to this song for ages. I used to be obsessed with it. It's a rather bouncy little number, reminds me of Year 11. This is probably the only Coral song I like though; their album was pish, onwards we go...
Lost Prophets - Last Summer
Oooh, nice little song this is. Video is quite good too. The guitar solo and the bit afterwards makes me go tingly for some reason! Oddly reminds me of Autumn though. Their album is alright, think I've grown tired of it though...
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
I remember hearing this song when watching that film where Nicolas Cage is an angel and falls in love with Meg Ryan or summat. Chorus is pretty sweet, Goo Goo Dolls aren't really very good though, they have a few notable good songs but the rest is pewp...
Alkaline Trio - Cooking Wine
"Sorry, I'm late I was out spoiling my liver..." Heh. A tale about getting rather drunk, which oddly appeals to me. "I can't see straight but the two of you look awfully pretty..." Alkaline Trio are rather good, forgot how good they were. Don't you love that? Not listening to a band for ages then listening to them again and realising how amazing they are? No? Bah, these are good...
Taking Back Sunday - Cute Without The E (Cut From The Team)
Wewt. Taking Back Sunday kick my ass. The dual vocals are quite brilliant. On mostly all of their songs. 'Tell All Your Friends' is a great album, nuff said. If you've not heard of them then you must!
Zero 7 - Destiny
Aaah, ambience. I do like a good chill-out song like this. I never used to but now I do, my music taste has matured I'd like to think. Good background music this...
Jimmy Eat World - Hear You Me
Good slow tune from the JEW boys. It was on 'The Butterfly Effect' too. Their new album was a little disappointing but I suppose it's hard to better 'Bleed American'. I don't really like mushy slow songs but this one does it well...
Razorlight - Rip It Up
Woo! This song makes me wanna get on the proverbial dancefloor and indeed 'rip it up'. A really good party song, makes me quite hyper actually! JUST RIP IT UP!
Reel Big Fish - Everything Sucks
Nice chunky slab of ska punk! Trumpets at the ready. Reel Big Fish are the only ska band I like really. This song is about giving up because there is a better band than yours (I think). But the title is good! "I know everything sucks yeah..."
Frou Frou - Let Go
I fucking love this song. It's from the 'Garden State' soundtrack. It's in the film at the end in the airport. It's not something I'd usually like but it really pushes the right notes with me. Ah, you need to hear it...
One more? Why not?
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Oh and what a song to finish on! Purely and simply a classic. The slow parts rule, the fast parts rule, this song just kicks ass. If you haven't heard it you must live under some kind of rock. I love trying to recreate this song with my mates, just singing it from start to finish acapello stylee! It's well funny, try it!
Well, that was rather fun. To be honest I skipped a few tracks because they were from the same artist. Nice idea Freddo!
chro.


2 Comments:
At 7:09 PM,
Squish said…
*rocks out Wayne and Garth style*
At 2:38 AM,
Maddie said…
awesome songs!
Post a Comment
<< Home